Complete Guide to Installing Kitchen Cabinet Hardware
The importance of cabinets to the kitchen cannot be overstated. Cabinets are designed for operation and storage in one, providing space for people to operate in their kitchens and also serving as an organiser for various kitchen utensils. Do you know what hardware is available for cabinets? This article will introduce you to cabinet hardware and cabinet hardware installation size standards.
What Are the Must-Have Hardware Accessories For Kitchen Cabinets?
- Hinges: Hinges are broadly divided into two types with damping and without damping. Home depot soft close hinges are commonly used to open and close the door smoothly and silently. According to the angle of opening, 90 degree hinges are the most common.
- Drawer slides: Drawer slides are the guarantee of smooth drawer use. Common size of slides range from 260mm to 510mm. From the current technology, the bottom slides are better than the side slides, and the overall connection with the drawer is better than the three-point connection. Quality slides offer low resistance and long life.
- Gas spring: A gas spring is mainly used in the cabinet to support, cushion, brake andadjust angle of the door.
- Pull-out basket: Pull-out basket can be divided into iron chrome, stainless steel, aluminum alloy, etc based on materials. Different pull-out baskets function differently, you can buy the right one according to your own needs.
- Handle: Common materials of handle are plastic, zinc alloy, aluminium alloy, copper, iron and stainless steel. There are European, modern, antique, cartoon and many other styles to choose from. You’d better choose the pull handle according to the style of your kitchen cabinets to achieve a unified style.
Cabinet Hardware Dimensions
The size of the hinges is approximately 710mm. the number of hinges to be installed depends on the width and height of the door panel, the weight of the door panel and the material of the door panel. The general door height is 1500mm and the weight is 9-12kg.
Before choosing a pull-out basket, you have to confirm where the basket is to be installed. Depending on the depth of the pull-out basket, the required matching cabinet size is also different. For a pull-out basket with a depth of 42cm, 52.3*14cm (W*H) basket is suitable for a 600 mm cabinet, 62.3*14cm for a 700 mm cabinet and 64.3*14cm for a 720 mm cabinet.
The slides are fixed on a certain track for the movement of other moving parts of the drawer with grooves or curved guides. The sizes of the drawer slides are generally available on the market: 10″, 12″, 14″, 16″, 18″, 20″, 22″, 24″. You can install different sizes of slides according to the size of your respective cabinet drawer models.
Where You can Install Kitchen Hardware?
Corner cabinet corners
In some L-shaped or U-shaped kitchens with corner cabinet corners, you can install three-sided baskets, extra-narrow baskets, drawer baskets and carrying baskets as auxiliary storage in the corner corners so that you can make full use of the cabinet corners, store large cooking utensils, heavy plates, etc.
On the Wall
Cabinet hardware can be installed on the kitchen wall. Generally you can choose from solo and plenary hooks and hangers, so that you can use the wall to store different knives and forks, chopsticks and spoons, mugs, even small pots and pans, bottles and jars, etc.