How to Select A Kitchen Cabinet Pull-Out Basket?
A pull-out basket is an essential hardware for kitchen cabinets. As a multifunctional storage cabinet, the pull-out basket is equivalent to a drawer. There are more cutlery inside the kitchen, which take up more space on the countertop, especially for kitchens with less space. It is therefore very convenient and space-saving to store kitchen utensils in a pull-out basket. Cabinet pull-out baskets allow dishes, plates and spoons to be sorted and are easy to access, making your kitchen more tidy and organised. So, how do we determine the size of a pull-out basket? How big a pull-out basket do you need for a typical cupboard? We also have a list of tips for buying pull-out baskets.
What Is the Standard Size of a Cabinet Pull-Out Basket?
The size of a general cabinet pull-out depends on the size of the cabinet.There are five different cabinet sizes we often use – 600 mm cabinet, 700 mm cabinet, 720 mm cabinet, 750 mm cabinet, 800 mm cabinet and 900 mm cabinet. For different sizes of cabinets, the size of the applicable cabinet pulls is also different.
Size of Pull-out Basket (width * height)
- For 42cm deep cabinet: 52.3*14cm for 600 mm cabinet, 62.3*14cm for 700 mm cabinet , 64.3*14cm for 720 mm cabinet, 66.6*14cm for 750 mm cabinet, 72.3*14cm for 800 mm cabinet, and 82.3*14cm for 900 mm cabinet.
- For 45.5cm deep cabinets: 56.5*20cm for 600 mm cabinet, 66.5*20cm for 700 mm cabinet, 68.5*20cm for 720 mm cabinet, 71.5*20cm for 750 mm cabinet, 76.5*20cm for 800 mm cabinet, and 86.5*20cm for 900 mm cabinet.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Cabinet Pull-out Baskets:
- Appearance. First of all, the appearance of the pull-out basket should be neat and uncluttered. The corners should be at 90 degrees and the frame should be balanced on all four sides. The material at the bottom of the pull-out should be evenly spaced and the surface should be burr-free to the touch.
- Lustre. Stainless steel pull-out baskets have a beautiful appearance, with a silver-bronze mirror lustre. If the surface treatment process is not advanced, the surface is silver-grey and matt.
- Welded joints. The welded joints of the pull-out basket should not be too large. Too large welded joints not only make the basket unsightly, and most of them are not solid false welding. A good solder joint should be slightly smaller than the size of the two materials being soldered together.
- Accessories. This is the most important factor that needs to be checked carefully. On the one hand, the sliding rails of the pull-out basket need to have a certain load-bearing capacity. The material should be thick, smooth, with a good bite and low noise.On the other hand, the pull-out fasteners need to be made of stainless steel, as iron is prone to rusting and affects the aesthetics.
Things You Need to Know When Choosing a Cabinet Pull-out Basket:
- The pull-out basket should not be too thick. Pull-out basket is durable goods, which is not easy to damage. The more its weight, the more it increases the pressure of the pulley load-bearing, reducing the service life of the slides. But the basket can not be too thin, otherwise it is easy to desoldering. The main line is generally 8mm.
- The size of the cabinet must be accurate. Generally, pull-out baskets are custom-made according to the provided size of the cabinets. So the size of the cabinets provided must be accurate.
- Smooth appearance. The welded joints of the pull-out basket should be full and free from dummy welds. The surface of the pull-out basket should be smooth, comfortable to the touch and free of burrs.
- Don’t be confused with the material. The most important point in choosing a pull-out basket is not to take chrome-plated ones for stainless steel ones.